Time management is an important skill that students need to develop as they transition from traditional (brick & mortar) schools to online only settings. Students will have access to their course curriculum 24×7 and can dedicate as much time as they need to complete the requirements of each course. Students might struggle initially if both students and parents don’t set a regular schedule for school work.
Initially, the academy will provide a suggested weekly calendar broken down in days with structured blocks of time for students to develop academic habits. Depending on the student grade level and the course that needs to be taken, students might be required to join 2-3 times per week to LIVE ACADEMIC online sessions with teachers and peers.
Due dates for lessons are flexible, as long as students stay on track for course completion. For students needing additional teacher support, there will be scheduled optional LIVE structured sessions throughout the week for students to attend. Students need the motivation, commitment, organizational skills, and academic skills necessary to work independently and collaboratively.
The key of a student’s academic success in an online environment is the ability to adjust her/his personal schedule to meet the demands of each course.
Tips for success when embarking on online classes:
- Understand each course expectations, tasks, and requirements
- Establish a dedicated workspace at home
- Identify and know how to access your resources
- Stay organized
- Manage time wisely (pace yourself reasonably)
- Network with classmates and instructors
- Seek help when needed (don’t wait until last minute)
- Develop positive academic habits in your surrounding